Talking about the variants, Roulette is a game that has many variants with so many advantages in every variant. The French variant is a Roulette game that has gained popularity in recent years following the French revolution. It is one of the entertaining gambling activities which is considered to be formidable.
French Roulette table
In Monte Carlo, French Roulette is usually played, and it is pretty different from other variants of roulette because of the unique features in the table payout structure. The player has a lower house advantage than any other Roulette variant; due to the additional gameplay rule, the house edge has been reduced to 1.35%. It uses a European roulette wheel with 37 divisions, including the numbers from 0 to 36 having coloured black and red alternatively, and the number 0 is coloured with green.
Difference between French and American Roulette
The American roulette table has both single and double zero compared to the American variant, while the French table displays only one zero. In the French table, the numbers are all white-coloured in red, black, and green, while the American variant had its numbers written in either red or black.
The outside bets played in the American variant are usually on the left side of the table, while the French vetting field is divided into two and is located on both sides of the table.
Types of bets
There are two sections for betting layout, and they are betting on individual numbers and group bets. The French Roulette players will take advantage of two category bets, inside and outside bets. Inside bets are either betting on single, adjacent, or small groups of numbers when the outside bets are the larger groups of numbers.
- Straight-up bets: straight-up bets are the bets which are used by players who wish to bet on just a single digit. The payout will be 35 to 1.
- Split bet: As the name suggests, split bet means splitting into two adjacent numbers and placing the bets on them. It can either be 0 and 1, 0 and 2, 0 and 3. The payout in this bet is 17 to 1.
- Street bet: Street bet will feature all three numbers in a row and be played in a line at the end. The options can be either 0, 1, 2; 0, 2, 3. The payout will be 11 to 1 in this case.
- Column bet: As the name says, it is a bet which features a whole column and is placed at the end of the column, whose payout will be 2 to 1.
- Dozen bet: dozen bet means betting on 12 numbers, while in American roulette, the boxes are marked as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. But in the French table, the boxes are marked as 12P, which means the Premier Douzaine (1 to 12), 12M meaning Moyenne Douzaine (13 to 24), 12D meaning Dernière Douzaine (25 to 36), whose payout will be 2 to 1.